Monday 5 July 2010

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum


A funny thing happened the other night. In my frustration at the lack of contributions made to the R-T-Y-D Webzine, I sent a sort of clumsy ungrateful message across my networks announcing that I have turned the site into a music news feed, which I have done. I think it's a good use of the stagnant site.

The R-T-Y-D to which I was referring, however, was misconstrued by some as the whole RTYD network. An easy mistake to make, I admit. This elicited a few interesting responses, two in particular from, members and followers who decided to honestly voice, along with their support the RTYD ethos, their personal disappointment and frustration with it, and the lack of clarity in its mission.

Suffice it to say, I think they made some interesting points, which I am going to use to start a new discussion in the forums on the Musicians and Bands, Fans & Industry social networks. Those of you who engage with both my blog and the network will pick up on my alter-ego.

No comments: