Thursday 21 May 2009

"All made up and nowhere to go"


Rehearsal tomorrow night. Gig ready. No gig on the horizon.

Still, we can have a go at some new stuff, I s'pose. Got a couple of newies up me sleeve. Not that there's any room in the set for new material. Not that there's any gig to showcase new material. Nor any new album that requires new material.

Still, it's only a hobby, eh? So lighten up. Just enjoy it. Shut your eyes and pretend. Pretend there's an audience. Just like you do at gigs.

But wait! "there's been a slaughter here"...... As I write a message comes in via the oh so user-friendly myspace from lovely young Jim at The Libertine in Borough. He's looking into a date for us there.

Rocking good news!

1 comment:

Col aka Axe said...

Nothing worse than being so well practised like a well groomed race horse and having nowhere to run it out. You have to stat working your own contacts to develop a crowd. Oh, and being fun is equally as important. I fundamentally believe that if you don't engage your audiance and make them feel part of the gig then you're probably not going to see quite as many people at your next gig. But then I know chuff all about any of it. I'm just telling it how it is from my perspective. I admire you dear fellow for being so brave. I fear for the time when it's just me and the lads and a bloke with a collie dog. God spare us!