Saturday 2 May 2009

The social network takes effect (off-line, i.e: in the real world)


I got a call from Grant from I,Thalamus yesterday afternoon. His keyboard player was not going to be able to make their gig on Saturday night. "It's a real rock-til-you-drop moment" he said, "do you know of anyone who could sit in for the night?"

"Yes I do", I said.

So Dove Jones, who incidentally is an excellent piano/keyboard player, will be sitting in with I, Thalamus at the Dublin Castle tonight (Saturday 2nd May). If I hadn't woken up with chicken pox (I knew I wasn't feeling right all week) I'd be going. Well, that's not entirely true; if I hadn't woken up with chicken pox I'd be playing a gig myself tonight at a 21st birthday party out in the sticks).

It is also worth noting another RTYD Effect, and that is that I originally booked I,T at the Dublin Castle. The venue liked them so much - they're a crowd puller and pleaser - that they offered them a Saturday night slot. This is great for I,T but not so good for me, 'cos I could have done with them playing the next Rock-Til-You-Drop night. That of course is only a Wednesday night gig.

One day, eh?...

....there'll be RTYD gigs, festivals, records, TV shows, oven gloves, la la la la la....

2 comments:

Col said...

I hope you don't think you're coming to visit me with yer bloody shingles matey?!!! I'd leave it a couple of weeks me...

Gray Dourman said...

That's the trouble with flip flopping between fanasty and reality. Sometimes you forget which your in and which disease your carrying.

A few truths in the story... Chicks, Cars and Guitars..


Gray Dourman
www.magichelix.com