Monday 28 September 2009

Putrid Rabbit


Well, after over seven days of updating and linking, cutting and pasting, up and down-loading, logo scrapping and logo redesigning, photo-resizing and gif-creating, and finally, simply tinkering with seven or eight sites, I came to the conclusion that what I needed was.......another one.

Yes, another site, but only a single page acting as a gateway to all the others sites. A map of Pocket Rocket's web presence, if you like. Nice and simple, with a band logo, a photo, banner links, widgets and an mp3 player. So that's what I've been working on. From it you can work outwards. It helps me make sense of it all, too, because even I was getting lost between my Twitter and my-Space. Besides, it only cost 18 quid to set up, and that includes the domain name and hosting for a year. Not too bad.

I have also been working on finding a way of making just a single Facebook/Twitter-style status update spread like wild fire. It's all about where you post that update, see. Call me if you want to know more.

The good news is Pocket Rocket has now sold three EPs as downloads, so I must be doing something right. The next challenge is producing a CD, or three, for sale.

You can visit Pocket Rocket's new website/gateway URL here. And don't forget to bookmark it.

2 comments:

Axe Victim said...

Cool. Why bother with fancy websites when this connects everything. Great stuff.

Toby said...

Thank you Col.