Sunday 10 January 2010

Still Gigging. Still blogging. Still tweeting


I picked up the phone today. I should be doing much more of this in 2010. I hate phones. At least I hate talking on them. Drop-kicking them is fun.

Anyway, today I spoke to Neil Fishwick who runs Stillgigging.com. Nice bloke. Much like me, Neil had an epiphany one day; his was a couple of years ago whilst driving his car, and inspired by hearing the Stray Cats on the radio. I wonder whether they're still gigging, he thought? And so it was. The name 'en all.

His website is "a place for legends", and a place for fans and musicians alike to "rediscover, relive & share musical memories". It has a website and a Facebook page. Neil is a music fan, not a musician, and he doesn't promote, but he aims to provide a place on-line for bands who were once more famous than they are today, to be found and to promote themselves.

Sounds similar, don't it? So we shared some anguish and frustration over running our respective sites and social networking and stuff, and by the end I know I sounded thoroughly depressed. I hate phones. I hate social networking. On-line. It's doing my head in. The constant tweeting and pinging.

After the call, I remembered loads of things I should have mentioned like the franchising of the gigs, and the Q&A I want to do with him. See what I mean? I can't think straight on the phone. I hate 'em. Anway, suffice it to say, I hope to stay in touch with Neil in the future, and maybe one day even 'do business' of some kind together. You knows?

Right now though, I'm turning this off and going to watch my Nirvana 'Live at Reading' DVD. And take myself back to a muddy, rainy Sunday night in August 1992. And someone else's pain.

After I've tweeted this of course.

No comments: