Thursday 4 February 2010

An insight into the current domestic affairs of Potent Rodent



So Potent Rodent begins rehearsal at Enterprise Studios, off Denmark Street, from next week. I've spoken to each member of the band individually and made it clear that I want to re-start weekly rehearsals for the foreseeable future. I hate to come across as quite so bossy, but I am getting frustrated by the lack of progess.

After a honeymoon of a year and a half, things started to go awry; Friday night rehearsals were unsustainable because social engagements and child-care-commitments caused too many cancellations. Sporadic rehearsal just isn't worth it. It's frustrating. So we're gonna do a weekly Monday-Thursday night, instead

I want to be in a band that rehearses weekly and plays regularly; and that is fun to be in. This is the last chance for this line-up to prove that it has longevity. I hope it can.

We also need a backing singer, or backing singers. Could be female, male or hermaphrodite. The ability to play an instrument would be a bonus (as long as it wasn't a guitar, of course), but is not essential.

So if anyone knows someone who might be up for it, please let me know. Cheers, Toby

1 comment:

Axe Victim said...

My mate Shelly (she's connected to Potent Rodent via Facebook) is desperate to sing with a band as a backing singer. Shout me and I will give you her contacts. I'd do it but I've got my own project goin' 'awn.