Saturday 27 February 2010

The Phantom of the Factory


So, since our drummer exploded I have had to get the old the Phantom Limb out. The drum machine. I been enjoying using it again, actually. Probably because it involves the process of de-constructing the songs I've recently written. Which is always fun. It also calls for decisions on arrangements, that can otherwise be put off.

Mike and I rehearsed with the Phantom Limb at The Arts Factory, opposite Holloway Prison on Wednesday night. I rehearsed there for a while back in the early 90s when I was teaching my girlfriend at the time to play the drums. We had a White Stripes thing going on. The place hasn't changed much. New amps. Looked like the same old drum kit, though. Small rooms, but good value at nine quid an hour. If you have a loud drummer, or you are a loud band, though, it isn't a suitable rehearsal space for you.

For two old gits who live equal distances north and south of it, who want to sit down and get some new songs together with a drum machine, however, it is perfect.

1 comment:

DILLIGAF said...

And I assume there is a convenient pub within a few yards?

Perhaps you could hire the Gorilla from the Cadbury ad?....;-)