Friday 30 July 2010

Making plans for Nigel II


Finally!! Pocket Rocket has a new drummer, and, coincidentally, like his predecessor, he's called Nigel.

Nigel II lives in Islington, which is good geographically for rehearsal, and for getting together socially. He works for himself, which makes him flexible time-wise. He has his own kit, and transport (well, you'd bloody well hope so! - Ed). He has a transatlantic accent, which is the result of time spent in Canada and the US, but he assures me he is English. He uses the traditional grip to hold his drum sticks, like John Densmore, which I like, but not more than the fact that, as a teenager, he saw the Doors play their infamous Miami gig in 1969 where James Douglas Morrsion was arrested for lewd and lascivious behaviour, exposing himself, profanity and drunkenness. So he's no spring-chicken, but he is slim, and full of beans.

Next: a singing keyboard player who plays like Ray Manzarek, or even Dave Greenfield.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Full name: Nigel Band.

Sad when you have to comment on your own blog!

The Lone Groover said...

Great name for a drummer (though not quite as good as Jet Black)....I'll be expecting your best Lizard King impression at PR's next gig...and if you do manage to find a Dave Greenfield....just remember "the money's no good, just get a grip on yourself"

Unknown said...

Thanks Brian. I'm not sure if I'm joking about a keyboard player. Certainly need a lead instrumentalist of some type, cos I can't play lead guitar very well. Used to manage those duties in my 20s, but out of practice and confidence these days. I listen to some of the lead guitar I used to play, and wonder how the hell I did it! Funny that.