Tuesday 14 September 2010

FATKAT & The Beast at ROCK-TIL-YOU-DROP 4 Denmark Street.


Peter Parker has taken off across the rooftops of the West End in search of a new home for his Rock 'n' Roll Club. The is a shame because I liked how ROCK-TIL-YOU-DROP at Peter Parker's Rock 'n' Roll Club sounded. And I liked the guy. I hope we can co-brand events further down the road.

However, the good news is the new manager Isabelle is lovely and ROCK-TIL-YOU-DROP will continue to put on events there on the first Saturday night of the month between 8-10pm.

The inaugural gig there on Saturday night went very well. Both bands made an event of the evening. The Lone Groover, Matt Russell of the Outbursts, Dove Jones and Liam Barnes of Kryptic Klu all turned out, too.

Liam's created a RTYD backdrop which was projected on the stage and looked great, and he took some film of the bands, which you can check out at ustream.tv/channel/gigvert.



FATKAT were super-professional and you can see why they are getting the supports to the likes of Eddie & the Hotrods and the Fabulous Thunderbirds. They, like The Beast (above) before them, have been going on and off since the 80s. They also have all their hair - more than their fair share in fact. So, as well as feeling inspired, I have to confess I also felt a tiny bit envious.

I videoed my bands rehearsal last night and had to sit through extended coverage of the back of my head, which I did not enjoy. I wouldn't mind losing my hair if I had a nice shaped head. And good teeth.

Note to self: Keep hat on at ALL times. And keep my mouth shut.

1 comment:

The Lone Groover said...

Thought FATKAT were excellent (Kinda Dr Feelgood meets Alex Harvey - two of my favourite bands) and a really good venue to boot (Espesh copy of a LONE GROOVER cartoon in the bogs)....keep your hat on if you must Toby,but don't keep your mouth shut...we like what you've got to say here at RTYD