Friday 22 October 2010

Last night's RTYD gig at the Fiddler's, Chalk Farm


Thanks to all those that piled into The Fiddlers Elbow last night to see HM Band, Blues Trinity and the Mighty Care Takers.


Finally I had the pleasure of seeing Steve Denholm fronting his Mighty Care Takers (albeit from my post at the venue door), and mighty they are.


Blues Trinity, who followed TMCT on stage, were as professional as bands at this level can get, while still being really nice people. It's a fine line, in my experience, especially with the blues lot; but they are definitely on the right side of the line. And they bought a film crew, so I look forward to seeing the results on YouTube soon.

The HM Band, too, were a pleasure to meet and have on, tonight playing a set of original works mostly about fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. Maybe Hugh's McManners has been listening to a lot of the Angelic Upstarts lately? Seriously though, these songs have all been written for a good cause. Watch this (my)space to find out more.

Incidentally, whatever happened to the Angelic Upstarts? They must still be going, like all the rest of 'em. I was talking to someone about Mensi the other day, someone who knew him. I forget who, now. I hate that.

No comments: