Friday 1 October 2010


ROCK-TIL-YOU-DROP.COM is 2 years old today.

Instead of me addressing the 'state of the union', I want to hear what RTYD’s members think.

What more could be done? And how could it be done? Bearing in mind that it is run in my spare time and as a labour of love, and that the activity of its members has a large part to play in its success.

Should we just let it evolve? Should we push it? Should we monetise it?

If you are new to the network, what is your impression of it? Is it confusing? Is it overwhelming?

Will RTYD change anything? Has it changed anything? Has it helped you, or your band? If not, why not?

Etc, etc, etc.

It’s open season.

Thanks, Toby

2 comments:

stephenmcaines said...

Happy birthday, RTYD!

Toby, I'm surprised nobody's replied to this yet - personally, I get a lot out of RTYD as it is, not least hearing other people's music and hearing about other people's adventures in gigging, recording, writing, etc. I hope others feel the same way even if they don't reply to this post. RTYD's come along at just the right time to help out me and the band I play in, Spirit of Play.

So on the one hand, I'd say keep things as they are, let it take its current course . . . but on the other, if you were to expand RTYD somehow, I'd be interested to know what your own preferences were. And obviously, there's a crucial connection between your question about Money and the point about your Spare Time. . . .

By the way, I promised you a link - here it is - just coming up to 3,500 views at the time of writing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX-WLIO00Js

Unknown said...

Thanks Michael. And thanks again for coming out on a rainy Saturday night to 4 Denmark St. I had a look at the youtube vid, excellent. Will ping a link around for you.

See you soon, Toby