Friday 14 January 2011

Co-pilot wanted for Pocket Rocket

So the 3-piece thing is now working for me. My confidence in this arrangement has come from getting my programmed guitar sounds, and their levels, right, and from playing our new set over and over at full-tilt. Only then could I get a handle on the dynamics, and what guitar levels and playing styles needed adjusting. Right now, it's the verses that need to close down in chugging brooding anticipation of ensuing bridges and choruses.

So, I'm over another musician member of the band (for the time being, anyway!), but now I want another singer. My bass player currently sings BVs, which helps lift the choruses, but with respect to him, he isn't a strong singer (he does come up with some rather good BVs though); I think we need another strong singer. But we don't one who stands there like a lemon until the choruses.

It would be great to have a second singer upfront, one who doubles up words and lines, and can also sing harmonies, throughout the songs. Not being the most charismatic front-man, I could also do with a co-pilot. They would have to respect the English accent I sing in, and/so we're not looking for a US-style rapper or anything. Two of my favourite bands have second vocalists who are active throughout their songs, Fugazi and Pavement. In some respect, (in a self-aggrandising respect) I'm looking for a Daltrey to my Pete Townshend, the difference being I want to continue to be the lead singer.

Here's a link to the ad on RTYD: http://bit.ly/dOde2w

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need Sonny Charles!