Friday 26 August 2011

Video for "Jesus I'm hitching a ride" by Mark Handley


Music video for "Jesus I'm hitching a ride" by singer/songwriter Mark Handley, originally filmed 1989 by Richard Dixon, edited 2011 by Gordon McLean. www.markhandley.co.uk

Way on down the road of life there is hardship and strife
Who will lend a hand unto their fellow man
Though we may be strangers there will be no danger
Have nothing to fear the Lord is near

JESUS I'M HITCHING A RIDE
JESUS I'M STANDING BY THE ROAD SIDE
TOO YOU LORD I PRAY ARE YOU GOING MY WAY
JESUS I'M HITCHING A RIDE

I'm trying to catch the driver's eye but as the cars are rolling by
They turn their heads and look the other way instead
Passenger seats are empty but they've no room for me
Lord they're stepping upon the gas and racing past

Shinning automobiles with polished chrome wheels
Make me sigh as they go rolling bye
And I'm down on my luck not even a pickup truck
Will be so kind as to take me down the line

Until the judgement day comes I'll be holding out my thumb
You'll decide I should make my final ride
Lord wherever I may roam won't you please take me home
And don't hit the breaks 'til we reach them pearly gates

Words,music and video copyright 1989/2011 Mark Handley

No comments: