Wednesday 8 February 2012

Pimp my demo: Voxman demonstrates the Vox Valvetronix VTX150 Pro Neodymium


RTYD member Richard Birch AKA Voxman demonstrates the Vox Valvetronix VTX150 Pro Neodymium amp plus VC12 floor-controller.

From Voxman's YouTube page: 'Thank you to my very good friends, Michael and the team at Chiswell Studios in St Albans who recorded and put the video together, this is the first time I've left the confines and restrictions of my little 'den' at home and gone into a proper studio to make a video.


I'm really pleased with how its came out and (fingers ...& toes... nervously crossed!) I really do hope you guys enjoy the vid! There's the odd bum note, & a couple of 'senior moments' in there (I said Orange drive when I meant Gold (doh!) and I double clicked on the VC12 to leave the modulation on when I said it was off!) But hey, it wouldn't be a proper 'Voxman' vid without these little foibles now would it! lol Do go & try out the VTX150 Pro for yourselves -- I've no vested interest here (I'm not a Vox employee and not on commission or anything!) but it honestly is a cracking amp that's loud as sin with balls and bottom end for days. The range of tones you can get from this puppy is just awesome. Hooked up with the VC12/VC12SV it has huge gigging flexibility - and especially with a 1x12" extension cab it'll blow most other amp rigs off the stage! I'd honestly love one of these for myself, not least because it's so incredibly light and compact. And I'm not kidding about the volume! 


After we finished filming, Michael sat down at the drums, Martyn plugged a bass in, and we had a fun jam in the studio. I just about got the VTX150 Pro up to a little over half-way without blowing everyone's ear drums! What was really surprising was just how big and full the Pro sounded when cranked up - the sound from that 1x12" 150w Neodymium speaker just filled the entire room! Best, Rich (Voxman)'

No comments: