Sunday 12 April 2009

Ideas over beers

Okay. Enough.

Back from Holland.

Rewind.

Met with Colin and Magic Ship on the night before I left, and was introduced to friends of the band, Kenny (AKA Kenski), TC and Push (ex-Melody Maker journalist and, as Christopher Dawes, author of Rat Scabies and Holy Grail). All nice blokes.

Colin is gutted 'cos the guy who is gonna photograph the band in the pub, doesn't turn up. I feel for him, especially as he is all dressed up for the opportunity.

Colin is confident, well-connected and a born match-maker. He proceeds to inform me of every connection useful to me, that he can think of. He is witty, and he speaks his mind, which is good for me 'cos I have a tendency to keep my opinions and feelings to myself. He won't stand for such retiscence. He is both encouraging and inspiring, and he educates me about this blogging lark and podcasts and stuff.

We have the idea of setting up a record label, which is great, and needs further, more sober, discussion. I look forward to this very soon.

Oh, and I agree to join his punk side-project The Dead Dictators, which is in greater need of a punk drummer (Rat Scabies, maybe?), already having three or four guitarists on board.

Three Newcastle Brown Ales and Jack Daniels and Coke later I leave feeling a hell of lot better than I did earlier that day (see that day's blog) - I'm looking after my daughter over the Easter break and days can be long even if we do go out, and often end with me sitting at the computer wondering what to do with it, while my daughter watches Numberjacks and Chuggington in the other room.

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

The Dead Dictators is in danger of becoming the greatest supergroup entirely comprised of guitarists only... :-)

Anonymous said...

No FO you're quite wrong about that. The DD is moving rapidly towards being a functioning unit.