Wednesday 8 April 2009

No point in nuthin'

In the sober light of day, I still can't see the point of continuing Pocket Rocket in it's current form. As an 'alternative' rock band. There are so few older bands making similiar music to us, there's no bandwagon, there's no scene, there's no circuit, no network. We can't play in other parts of London 'cos no one knows us there. We're fucked.

We can't afford to record - what is the point in having a band without new releases? What is the point in playing if you're not promoting anything? Please visit our myspace page, though! There's 200 words to read about us, and four tracks to listen to there! There's a new photograph, too!

The occassional gig, in a band that pins it's audience to the backwall. And I ain't got the charisma to galvernize a room of 30 over-30s.

Don't get me wrong, I love the band. I love it's music. I love singing. I love playing the guitar. It just seems so pointless, right now.

We got a gig at a private party, to play on the first Bank Holiday in May, which is in the outdoors, so that should be fun. But beyond that, nothing. If you saw us play in March, why would you want to see us play again this year? We're not exactly a great live band. We're lucky if we play a good gig. A gig that we're all happy about.

Throwaway gigs. Blagging our way onto bills, not to be seen again. We're never gonna develop a following. We are flogging a dead horse.

And as for this blogging and sitting at this fucking computer. I should be doing something more creative. I should be painting, drawing, writing something useful like...a song?

But what's the point in that?

See the cycle of negative thinking? Not a good few days.

2 comments:

Axe Victim said...

Righto. Less of this load of old cunty bollocks. Only positivity surrounds The New Dead Dictators. Pull yourself together man! You've got the world to fight. So get with the beat baggy. Lose the beard. Chuck the caps. Burn the house down. We've got things to sort out. You're a Dead Dictator now. So find us a punk drummer, write a bunch of songs about other dead dictators and launch our debut album on your own label. And stop procrastinating for fuck's sake!!! Oh yeah, and I'll tell Ister that you're 'in'.

Furtheron said...

Oh grief I'm the lost Dead Dictator aren't I... I've done nothing on that project... like all the other projects... :-(