Wednesday 24 June 2009

Guildford 7 Borough 10


Got another venue to add to the circuit last night, The Fiddler's Elbow in Kentish Town/Chalk Farm. It's literally down the end of my road, which is handy. The promoter Dan is very friendly and is keen for me to put on a monthly club down there. They have regular mod nights and metal nights down there already. I've booked a couple of nights, a couple of months apart, for starters after the summer, so there's plenty of time to get organised.

7 days to Guildford. 10 to Borough.

Went down to the Libertine today to stick up some posters. It's not a big pub, which is alright. Looking forward to playing it actually. Looking forward to playing, period. Me guitarist has buggered his finger, so hopefully that won't be too painful on the night.

I remember a few years back playing the Walthamstow Standard a few days after slamming one of the fingers on my left hand in a car door. I took opiate painkillers, rubbed voltarol and ibuprofen gel into it, drank copious amounts of alcohol, and it still it hurt to touch the fretboard. But cos I can be a bit of a martyr and I don't like letting the side down, the show went on, and somehow I played through the pain.

I know how to suffer for me art see.

There was hardly anyone there that night either.

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

Happened to me once, the MD of a big band jazz band I played in slammed the car door on my little finger on my left hand. Some how I played the show with it all bandaged up - ridiculous.

There is a DVD of Marillion on tour playing the Marbles album etc. from the Astoria. Steve H had broken his finger, it was strapped up with splints etc. and he was still playing the piano - although I know live on the night at least twice they stopped and restarted a track where he'd made a mistake.

toby said...

Glad to hear it's not just me that mad enough to try and play with such an injury!