Friday 16 July 2010

The Dipsticks Quarterly Fanclub Gig


Saturday 10th July (continued):

I am very fond of Patrick Begley and Mark McKendrick of the Dipsticks. The loyalty they have for each other reminds me of that between me and my friend-since-school-slash-bass player, Michael Wilson. I dig bands that show this kind of dedication to each other and to their music. The Moths are another example, and were the subject of a recent blog of mine.

Tonight, The Dipsticks play their quarterly fan club gig at The Constitution on the canal in Camden. It's a small basement venue. Kinda shabby, but cellar-ish, jazz and cool. It has its own bar, and backs onto the canal, where you can have a drink when the live music isn't blasting out and annoying the yuppies in the luxury flats across the waterway. It's a beautiful evening. The World Cup is nearly over, and WE DON'T CARE!! 'Cos, win or lose, we got this. Events like this; intimate, kinda underground, kinda clandestine, kinda illicit, and clearly special. Who needs numbers through the door when the 20-odd people you have are so attentive, so appreciative and include a few inclined to dance.

I meet a couple of nice local characters, and RTYD member Woody from Blackburn is down for the gig and to play the Libertine the following day for RTYD. The second Dipsticks set is the best I have ever seen them play. They play like they are so at home. They are relaxed. They are smiling. They are joking. And they are rocking. And I am so happy for them.

1 comment:

Phone Sex said...

I am really very happy today get a relevant information as i wanted to have. I am also fond of the same. This page contains more attraction and all contents given in that are so charming. It may increase traffic of your web site. Thanks for this nice information.